Click to enlarge
1908–1929: U.S National Bank
1930s–1950s: First Federal Savings & Loan
1987: Northwest Title Company Real Estate Firm.
2015: NW Food & Gifts
Built in 1908 to house the U.S. National Bank, this rectangular, flat-roofed, two-story building has a flat parapet with a projecting wooden cornice. Second floor windows are Chicago style wood frame with fixed central panels and one-over-one double-hung sash on either side. A small, tile diamond shape is located at the base of either side of the two windows on the Third Street façade. A wooden belt course projects between the stories and the storefront wraps around one bay to the east side. The east side has been altered with scored stucco. Aluminum windows replaced the original windows and other alterations were done in 1965.
Today, this building is home to N. W. Food and Gifts where locally-made gifts, gourmet food and fine wine can be purchased. The original bank vault door is still intact and located inside.
Primary Significant Contributing: Structures are classified as Primary Significant if they were built in or before 1912, or reflect the building styles, traditions, or patterns of structures typically constructed before this date. These buildings represent the primary period of construction and development in downtown McMinnville from initial settlement in 1881 to 1912, when city improvements and use of the Oregon Electric and Southern Pacific Railroad service promoted new construction in the downtown area.